Saturday, January 29, 2011

Feathered Friend

 Feathered Friend

 This panel was produced from my original watercolor painting shown below and uploaded into Photoshop to produce a black and white rendering.  Then it was layered over an image of my hand painted paper.

THE INSPIRATION
Bird, Watercolors on Paper, 6" x 9"
© 2009 Fannie Narte

This magical bird kept singing to me. He wouldn't stop singing. Singing all day long . . . sing, sing, sing.

He jokingly sang about the times I played ball and jacks with my friend Julie until she was called home by her mother ringing the cow bell. Julie was so embarrassed. The entire camp knew Julie was not at home.

He sweetly sang about the time I stayed back in study hall while the rest of my classmates went on a field trip to Waipio Valley.

He empathetically sang about the time I fell off my bike and skinned my knee.

He lovingly sang about the time I met my husband.

He caringly sang about the births of my daughters.
His songs validate my life's experiences.

When I wasn't feeling well and couldn't sit to sew or paint, he watchfully sang me to sleep.

I wanted to know what my feathered friend looked like.
So I put him on paper.

Now he won't stop talking to me. Talking all day long.  Talk, talk, talk.

Maybe he'll let me borrow his wings the next time I feel broken . . .

Just playing and finding humor in life.

2 comments:

Jacq said...

Great new blog, I have a hard time managing one. You are always so inpiring.

Fannie said...

Hi, Jacq. Thanks for popping in. Ditto--You inspire me! ♥♫♥